Steve's Home Poker Blog > Johnny Chan Tourney Results
I played horrible in the tournament :(
Here are my mistakes:
1. I had a tight image and I reraised a loose player while I was in late position with TT. The BB went all in with his short stack and I had about 3.5:1 pot odds. I was 90% sure he had AA but I called anyways because I thought it was still possible he could have had AK, and I had him covered. I sucked out a 10 on the river and busted him. I am not happy with this call because my read of AA was correct, and I needed at least 4:1 pot odds.
2. I re-raised a new player at the table with KK. One K had been exposed pre flop. The new player went all in and had me covered. I didn't think the hand through. Here are some thoughts that come to mind that should have made it easier for me to lay it down:
- I didn't have much info. about this player other than that he hadn't played a hand at the table since he sat down. So he was tight for about 5 or 6 hands.
- He didn't have much info. about me other than I hadn't played any hands since he was at the table. So he saw me as being tight for 5 or 6 hands.
- The 3rd re-raise pre flop is usually aces or kings, and I knew it was not possible for him to have kings.
- I shouldn't be involved in large pots with a decent sized chip stack. I still had about 6500 in chips left and the blinds were only 200/400 with a 25 ante. Ironically Joe and Phil were talking about this yesterday. I guess I wasn't listening.
Of course the other player had AA. HORRIBLE PLAY!!! I need to get in a routine to go through a checklist or something...
Other than that I was playing good. I wasn't getting any cards (other than the TT and KK hands), but I stole a few blinds to keep my chip stack up, and I made a couple of lay downs too.
Oh well at least I am honest with my play so I can learn from my mistakes...
Advertising went well. Data capture for Sunday was up 3 times the average for this month, and I made some good local contacts.
Please Login to add a comment.
New to Home Poker Tour? Register HERE!